Ben Tre is wedged between the two main branches of the Tien Giang River, which is one of the two main branches of the Mekong river. The entire province is criss-crossed with an extensive network of small rivers and narrow canals. That makes this region a major producer of rice and products from coconut. Let join our 2 Days 1 Night Mekong Delta Tour (My Tho – Ben Tre) by CAR to explore this beautiful region, see unique scenery, taste amazing foods, interact with locals and make yourself relax.
- See beautiful sights of “home of coconut” with many coconut trees, green rice paddies, lush fruit orchard
- Ride on Xe Loi – a wagon pulled by a bicycle
- Take boat trips on fond river
- Take a row boat trip through zig zag system of small and narrow canals
- Ride the bike through quiet village on dirt path
- Visit local house to learn more about lifestyle in this wild region
- Visit rice noodles factory, sampan boat building workshop, coconut processing workshop, brick making shop
- Enjoy meals of local specialties
- Visit Phuoc Long Tu temple and war memorials to learn more about culture and religion of Mekong Delta
Start time: 8:00; End time: 5:00; Duration: 2 days 1 night. Time is flexible for your choice because this is private tour.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – Ben Tre
After picking you up at your hotel (or requested location), we will head to Ben Tre – known as “home of coconut”. From our comfortable car, you can see coconut trees and green rice paddies stretching until the horizontal. Upon arrival, you will get out of the car and enjoy the fresh atmosphere.
We will start exploring this region by taking a Xe Loi ride through local village to see green rice fields and lush fruit orchards. Then we will walk to Huu Phuoc Bridge where you will take a boat trip through small canals under the shadow of green water coconut trees. You will enjoy seasonal fruits and welcome drink on the boat while cruising.
Along the way we will at a brick making shop where you can witness how local people make the bricks by hand with centuries-old traditional methods. We continue the boat trip and cruise on An Hoa river. Then we will get on a sampan through zig zag system of narrow canals to see the amazing sights of Mekong Delta where main means of transport is boat. The sampan will take you to visit a local family where you will enjoy fresh fruits and tea, talking to the host and listen to their stories about making a living in this region. Then we will visit a rice noodles factory which produces Hu Tieu noodle. Breakfast will be served with Hu Tieu (clear rice noodle soup) – one of most popular noodle soup in Mekong Delta.
After that we take a bike trip through villages and paddy fields on quiet laneways and dirt path to another local house where they live on their traditional family business, sampan boat building. Then you will have time to relax, walking around the garden and enjoy a lunch of local specialties.
After having lunch you will have chance to catch fishes in the pond and pick your own vegetables. In the early evening, you will join the cooking demonstration with the family. Enjoy the delicious dinner and spend the night in the family homestay.
Day 2: Ben Tre – Ho Chi Minh city
In the morning you will enjoy breakfast at the homestay. Then we will board on a boat to Tai Phu canal and stop at a coconut processing workshop. There you can see how people in Ben Tre use coconuts to make various products from candies to oil, souvenirs… Then we will take a bike trip to the busy morning local market of My Long. After that, we will ride the bicycle to the local Phuoc Long Tu temple and war memorials.
After having lunch we continue cycling to Phong Nam village and your boat will take you to Ben Tre province. From there our car driver takes you back to Ho Chi Minh city and drop off you at your hotel.
Let’s join 2 Days 1 Night Mekong Delta Tour (My Tho – Ben Tre) by CAR to enjoy fantastic feeling together!
|Pax||1-2||3 – 4||5 – 6||7 – 9|
- Unit price is US.
- The number of pax includes adults, children (5-10 years old) and infants (under 5 years old).
- Tour prices for children are applied based on the number of pax.
- Total number of children and infants must be lesser than the number of adults.
- The quotation above is only applicable at present and might change at different time of service.
Please use the booking form and choose your desired departure date to get the exact price for the tour.
- English-speaking tour guide
- All transportation (boat, sampan, bicycle, car, xe loi)
- Entrance fees
- 1 night home stay
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Tipping for guide/driver