Location: Mekong Delta
Departure: flexible for your choice because this is private tour.
Duration: 9 hours
Tour price: from $32USD per person
Mekong Delta area is the largest rice basket in Vietnam which always covered with green rice paddies as well as lush orchads coconuts, mangos, pineapples, bananas and oranges… There riverboats with sampans are the main means of transportation due to low-lying, soft soil condition and condensed system of rivers and canals. Mekong delta region is an ideal place for escaping from the busy and noisy Ho Chi Minh city.
Different from classic tours in Mekong, our recently-designed tour is new choice for travelers to experience a fresh and peaceful day in the Mekong river delta. You will have chance to discover the beautiful Cai Be land and amazing floating market, religious sites in Cai Be and traditional handicraft workshops located on Tan Phong Island where you can do some local farming activities attached to Mekong River.
Let’s join this 1 day Private Cai Be Floating Market tour to discover beautiful landscapes and experience simple daily life of hospitable indigenous people and learn more about their unique culture.
- Visit Cao Dai Temple Cai Be and the Cai Be Catholic Church to understand the local religion
- See Cai Be floating market – one of the 3 biggest floating markets in the Mekong delta
- Go to Cai Be land market where people buy and sell local products
- Enjoy boat trip along the rivers and canals under the trees
- Visit traditional handicraft workshop and Bang Conical Hat workshop
- Make friends with local cute and pretty pupils
- Pluck the fruits and learn more about taking care of gardens.
- Enjoy local meals, tea, banana candies
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel (or requested location) in Ho Chi Minh City at 7:00 AM and then head towards Cai Be District. On our comfortable car, you can see the beautiful and peaceful green paddy fields stretching towards the horizontal.
Arriving Cai Be at 9:30 AM, you will firstly visit the Cao Dai Temple Cai Be with the Caodaism, a unique religion in this region; and the Cai Be Catholic Church. Then we will take a boat trip to floating market to experience how people exchanging goods, fruit and many other commodities on their vessels. We also visit Cai Be land market to distinguish the land market from the floating one.
Leaving the two markets, we will enjoy lunch with local fresh water foods. Our local guide will explain you about the dishes (ingredients, how to cook, how to eat…). After that, we continue the 1 day Mekong Delta tour experiencing the river life of local people by using hand-rowing boat which cruise among the criss-crossed canals and meandering rivers and lead you to the “mysterious” Mekong lush orchards.
Transferred to Tan Phong Island, you can have relaxing time to enjoy local fruits before joining our cycling tour to travel around this island. We will visit the traditional handicraft workshops to see how to make handbags, rice papers along with wooden tables and chairs. You will also have a chance to make friends with local cute and pretty pupils in a village school. Stop at a local farmer’s house to pluck the fruits at the garden. Then you enjoy a cup of tea and local specialties of banana candies while talking to the house’s host to learn more about taking care of gardens in Mekong Delta.
Saying goodbye to the hospitable host, travel on bicycle to the Bang Conical Hat (nón bàng) workshop through calming villages and observe the locals serene way of life. Then we cycle back to Tan Phong Restaurant to enjoy special local food and learn more about Mekong Delta cuisine.
At about 3:00 PM, you will embark the boat to leave Tan Phong Island for the pier to come back Ho Chi Minh City. Tour ends at around 5:00 AM when you arriving your hotel (or your requested location in Ho Chi Minh city).
|Pax||1||2||3 – 4||5-6||7-8||9+|
- Unit price is US.
- The number of pax includes adults, children (5-10 years old) and infants (under 5 years old).
- Tour prices for children are applied based on the number of pax.
- Total number of children and infants must be lesser than the number of adults.
- The quotation above is only applicable at present and might change at different time of service.Please use the booking form and choose your desired departure date to get the exact price for the tour.
- Transportation (car, boat, bicycle)
- English Speaking Guide/ Other languages are available on request
- Bottle of water
- Meals, Fruits, Snakes and Drinks mentioned in the tour details
Let’s join 1 day Mekong Delta Tour – Private Cai Be Floating Market by CAR to enjoy fantastic feeling together!