Good Morning Saigon! Start an evocative and inspiring day with an up close and personal history lesson on guerilla warfare. Delve into an underground world in the incredible Cu Chi tunnels and see difficult living conditions and the ingenuity required to maintain life underground.
The location of the tunnels was of significant strategic importance: they’re at the end of the infamous Ho Chi Minh Trail, and within striking distance of the southern Vietnam capital. Initial construction started in 1948 when the Viet Minh required somewhere to hide from French air attacks, and by 1965, the tunnel complex was estimated to consist of 200 km of tunnels. Today, the Vietnamese government have preserved approximately 75 km of the Cu Chi tunnels as a memorial park, and in some areas the tunnels have been widened and low powered lights installed so that tourists can now fit through the complex.
In addition, there are numerous fascinating sights to explore in Ho Chi Minh city, from historic buildings to bustling markets which any tourist shouldn’t miss. Let’s experience the largest and busiest city in Vietnam, which is living organism that breathes life and vitality into all who settle here, and visitors cannot help but be hauled along for the ride.
- Explore the Vietcong’s infamous network of underground tunnels
- Learn all about wartime life underground for over 10,000 people
- Learn about the Vietnam War from a local perspective
- Explore Ho Chi Minh City at leisure
- Visit Ho Chi Minh city’s tourists attractions and learn the history of each site
Start time: 8:30 AM; Duration: 8.5 hours (full day).
In the morning
At 8:30 AM, the tour guide will pick you up at your hotel (or your requested pickup location). Leaving the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City to explore fascinating tour of the Cu Chi tunnels.
We also watch an enlightening video explaining its complex construction and then spend the next hour exploring a maze of tunnels. As you adventure into the Cu Chi Tunnels – 46 miles (75 km) of them preserved and widened with low-powered lights as a memorial park – our guide will tell you how to eat, sleep, work, cook… even go to school underground as a conflict raged above. We walk past huge bomb craters – evidence of the heavy bombing campaigns in the region during the Indochina conflict, discover hidden entrances right beneath your feet, wander past tiny little chimneys in the ground that dispersed smoke from the underground kitchens, sample some of the simple cuisine that local fighters would have survived on, and have an opportunity to venture into the tunnels and explore the complex.
Other above-ground attractions include caged monkeys, vendors selling souvenir, and a shooting range where visitors can fire a number of assault rifles, such as the M16 rifle or AK-47, as well as a light machine gun like the M60.
Leaving Cu Chi tunnels with a greater understanding of the local impacts of the conflicts of the 20th century, on the way back we will enjoy a Vietnamese meal together.
In the afternoon
Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City, we will explore Ho Chi Minh City at your will: City hall – most stunning colonial monuments; old Opera House; neo-romanesque Notredame Cathedral and the Central Post Office; Reunification Palace – formerly the independence palace of the south Vietnamese president; War remnants museum, which comprehensively documents the travails of the long vietnam- american war; Emperor of Jade Pagoda – one of Saigon’s most interesting pagoda; Cholon (chinatown) and Binh Tay Market, the vast wholesale market selling every kind of good from dried foods to t shirts to electronics; Thien Hau Pagoda, build by the cantonese congregation and dedicated to the heavenly goddess; Ben Thanh Market, where vendors display a vast array of goods and handicrafts, appealing to every taste.
At 5:00 PM, we take you back to the hotel, it’s time to say goodbye. We hope to see you again!
Let’s join HO CHI MINH CITY & CU CHI TUNNELS TOUR to enjoy fantastic feeling together!
|Pax||1||2||3||4||5 – 6||7-8|
- Unit price is US.
- The number of pax includes adults, children (5-10 years old) and infants (under 5 years old).
- Tour prices for children are applied based on the number of pax.
- Total number of children and infants must be lesser than the number of adults.
- The quotation above is only applicable at present and might change at different time of service.
Please use the booking form and choose your desired departure date to get the exact price for the tour.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Air Conditioner car for pick-up and drop-off at hotel, and transportation (two ways)
- Meal as mentioned in the itineraries: Vietnamese Food, Asian Food
- English Speaking Tour Guide (other languages are on request.)
- Cool-Towels and Mineral Water
- All Entrance Fees during Guided Time
- Departure Time and Meeting Point: as requested (Private Tour)
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Travel Insurance
- Tipping for guide/driver