Mekong Delta area is considered “rice bowl of Vietnam” which always covered with green rice paddies as well as lush orchads coconuts, mangos, pineapples, bananas and oranges… There riverboats with sampans are the main means of transportation due to low-lying, soft soil condition and condensed system of rivers and canals. Mekong delta region is an attractive destination for travelers to escape from the busy and noisy Ho Chi Minh city.
Join this short trip, travelers to experience a fresh and peaceful day in the Mekong river delta. You will have chance to discover the beautiful Cai Be land and amazing floating market, land market in Vinh Long, learn more about the process of making crispy rice cake and coconut candy, taste local flavor, explore the zig zag system of canals on sampan.
Let’s join this 1 day Mekong Delta Tour (Cai Be – Vinh Long) to discover beautiful landscapes and experience simple daily life of hospitable indigenous people and learn more about their unique culture.
- Enjoy fresh air and see peaceful sights of Mekong Delta region.
- Explore Cai Be floating market – one of the 3 biggest floating markets in the Mekong Delta.
- Enjoy exciting boat trip along the rivers and small canals.
- Visit crispy rice cake and coconut candy factories.
- Enjoy local meals and learn about Mekong Delta cuisine.
- Visit land market in Vinh Long and see how people buy and sell local products.
Start time: 7:00 AM; Duration: 10 hours (full day). Time is flexible for your choice because this isprivate tour.
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel (or requested location) in Ho Chi Minh City at 7:00 AM and then head towards Cai Be District. It’s time for you to enjoy the beautiful sights of peaceful Mekong Delta with coconut palm trees stretching along the paddy fields.
Arriving Cai Be at 9:30 AM, we will arrive in Cai Be, get out of the vehicle and breathe the fresh airof Mekong Delta. Then we will board on our private motorized boat to bustle Cai Be floating market where local people exchanging goods, and other commodities on their vessels. Many local products are sold here and in particular a large variety of fruits, some of which you might have never seen before. There are small boats offering all kinds of snacks and local soups from which you can get your early breakfast.
After the exploring Cai Be floating market, we will visit crispy rice cake and coconut candy factories. Our guide will explain you how to make the foods and of course you will taste them to enjoy their fantastic flavor. You might buy the recently made coconut candy, crispy rice cake and handcrafted souvenirs from coconut with cheaper price than at markets in Ho Chi Minh city’s center.
Then we will head to An Binh Island by motorized boat to see lush fruit orchards. Here we will have lunch with delicious local foods. Our guide will help you to eat the dishes the right way and tell you about the ingredients and recipes so that you can learn more about Mekong Delta cuisine.
Continuing our 1 day Mekong Delta Tour, you will row on a sampan that help us get deeper into a vast network of small canals and channels under shadow of water coconut trees. Then you will ride the bicycle around to see beautiful natural sights and have a closer view to the lifestyle of local people in quiet village.
After that we will reach Vinh Long by boat and visit a local market. Walking around, you can see many local products and fresh foods: alive chicken, raw fishes, vegetables, fruits… Interacting with local people, you will find out that they are very kind, friendly and hospitable.
What’s next? We will come back to your hotel (or requested location) in Ho Chi Minh city, finishing the Mekong Delta Tour (Cai Be – Vinh Long) with lots of memories.
Let’s join 1 day Mekong Delta Tour (Cai Be – Vinh Long) by CAR to enjoy fantastic feeling together!
|Pax||1||2||3||4||5 – 6||7-8|
- Unit price is US.
- The number of pax includes adults, children (5-10 years old) and infants (under 5 years old).
- Tour prices for children are applied based on the number of pax.
- Total number of children and infants must be lesser than the number of adults.
- The quotation above is only applicable at present and might change at different time of service.
Please use the booking form and choose your desired departure date to get the exact price for the tour.
- Transportation (car, boat, bicycle)
- English Speaking Guide/ Other languages are available on request
- Bottle of water
- Meals, Fruits, Snakes and Drinks mentioned in the tour details
- Drinks and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities