Location: Saigon – Mekong Delta
Departure: flexible for your choice because this is private tour.
Duration: 3 days 2 nights
Tour price: from 413usd/person
Far away from dynamic Ho Chi Minh city, we reach Mekong Delta that is extremely wonderful region. Sitting in a comfortable car, you couldn’t enjoy the beauty and atmosphere of Mekong Delta along the way. It’s an adventurous trip to during 3 days/2 nights while driving the motorbike on high ways and lane ways through Mekong Delta.
- See beautiful sights (peaceful river, green rice paddies, coconut trees, lush green orchards, quiet villages) while riding motorbike
- Explore “coconut kingdom” Ben Tre and “land of flower” Sa Dec
- Visit Lang Hoang Gia royal palace and the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le
- Visit land local market in busy morning and interact with kind rural people
- Enjoy amazing boat trip along Mekong Delta river
- Learn about how people in Mekong Delta make their living by visiting brick factory, mat-weaving workshop, brooms workshops, coconut processing plantation, cherry plantation
- Visit flower village where you can see countless bonsais and blossoms
- Enjoy delicious local foods and learn more about cuisine of Mekong Delta region
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Mo Cay Nam in Ben Tre province (170 km)
In the morning we will pick you up at your hotel (or your requested pickup location). Self-drivers will have a quick briefing on driving motorbike in Vietnam. Then we hop on the motorbikes and head to charming Mekong Delta. On the way, you will have chance to immerse yourself into the stunning scenery and rural sights. You will admire green rice paddies and quiet villages..Pupils ride the bicycle to schools and farmers are working on the rice fields. Escape from hot Saigon, let enjoy the peaceful atmosphere while riding the motorbike.
Upon arrival Go Cong, we will visit Lang Hoang Gia royal palace. Then we will visit cherry plantation before having lunch in a local restaurant. The lunch is served in a stilts above a muddy beach with local foods. Our guide will tell you about the food’s stories, how to cook and how to eat the dishes like local.
After that we drive to Ben Tre hailed as “coconut kingdom”. Along the way you will see the coconut trees stretching until the horizontal and beautiful rivers. Turn into narrow jungle path, we reach a local homestay on a river. There you will have time to take a rest, amid nature, go fishing and enjoy dinner of succulent Vietnamese dishes.
Day 2: Mo Cay Nam – Sa Dec (150 km)
After having breakfast at homestay, we start a new day with exploring local land market. There you can see many local products that you may not have seen before. A variety of fresh seasonal fruits, vegetables, lively animals, seafood are sold at low price. Interacting with vendors in the market and find out they are very kind and friendly. Then we will stop at a workshop where people handcraft booms which are used in all houses of Mekong Delta families.
Driving to Ben Tre Wharf, we will enjoy a boat trip. You will sightseeing lush fruit orchards and stilts along the river. We will stop at a coconut processing plants to witness how coconut are used to make candies, oil and souvenirs…From there we will walk to a mat-weaving workshop where you can see how to weave sedge plant into the mat. After having lunch in a traditional house, we will come to a brick factory.
The boat takes us to our motorbikes and we continue the trip driving to Sa Dec known as “land of flower” in Mekong Delta. At a hotel in Sa Dec, we will enjoy dinner and have free night to relax after a long day driving.
Day 3: Sa Dec – Ho Chi Minh City (180 km)
In the morning we will eat at a local restaurant for breakfast. After that we will explore the town on foot. We will stop at a busy morning market and the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le, the Chinese paramour of French author Marguerite Duras who wrote about Sa Dec in her award-winning book, ‘The Lover’. A highlight of the trip is the flower village where you can see countless bonsais and blossoms. What a big chance to take photos there.
Driving back to Ho Chi Minh City, arriving at around 5:00 pm, the tour ends with lots of memories.
- Unit price is US.
- The number of pax includes adults, children (5-10 years old) and infants (under 5 years old).
- Tour prices for children are applied based on the number of pax.
- Total number of children and infants must be lesser than the number of adults.
- The quotation above is only applicable at present and might change at different time of service.Please use the booking form and choose your desired departure date to get the exact price for the tour.
- English-speaking tour guide leader
- Motorbike (Driving guide for pillion passengers) and fuel
- Boat rides
- Entrance fees
- 1 night home stay
- 1 night hotel accommodation
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Tipping for guide/driver
Let’s join 3 Days 2 Nights Mekong Delta Tour by Motorbike (Ben Tre – Sa Dec) to enjoy fantastic feeling together!